[PyrNet-L] Pyr Ear Problems

I'm new to the list, couldn't find an archive to check whether this has
been
discussed, so sorry if it has...

Angus, our two-year-old male pyr has always had ear infection (usually
yeast,
sometimes bacterial) problems, recently gotten worse.  We've been
through cleaning and flushing regimes, ointments, etc. for much of that
time.  Twice we've had to have him anesthetized to clean out the ear
canals.  The problem has always come and gone with treatments, but
this time is much more stubborn and not going away.  Our vet is
recommending surgery to open up the ear canal (specifically, a "lower
resection of the vertical ear canal").  Angus' ear canals are quite
tight,
compared to his sister from the same litter who is 15 lbs smaller, but
whose ear canals are much bigger.

Have any of you had this done to your pyr, or otherwise care
to comment to me about this problem and this possible solution?

I can be reached at dcbrock@pcez.com.  Thanks,

--David Brock