[PyrNet-L] Re: electronic fencing

I agree with the fence situation, I am constantly amazed by their desire
to not be made to stay in an area.  I hate the feeling of never
completely trusting the fence ( any fence ).  We have 35 acres here and I
would love for them to be able to use it all, but I don't trust them out
of sight.  It has been said that the best fence for any animal, including
predator fencing is an 8 to 10 strand electric.  But how many people can
put that kind of a fence up, and besides, you want to guess who would be
the one getting "jolted" all the time?  So I add my two cents to the joy
of keeping a Pyr. in his/her own yard.  I will say my neutered male is
less of a problem though than the spayed females.  The girls are
constantly checking for ways to get out of confinement!   Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka