Re: [PyrNet-L] size

Interesting point Jan,  I have heard of Newfs. till doing their jobs
voluntarily ( instinct is still strong obviously ).  I had a female Great
Dane once who could drop  angus steers like they would do a boar, run
them down, grab  them by the ear drop her weight on them ( she weighed
maybe 120 lbs. and was about 32" ), and take them down.  In her case she
held them till we ran up and sat on their heads till we could get a rope
around the way-ward critters.  In west Texas they still use a lot of the
large breed coursing hounds ( mixes such as lurchers too ), to run
Coyotes and wolves ), so I would say there are still I. W.'s, S. D.'s,
G>hounds, even Borzoi, who are still actively engaged in their sport.

I do agree with you about the amazing flexibility of the Pyrs., this
trait still fascinates me, especially their sideways/different elevation
jumps.  But at what size and weight would you say they can no longer do
this?  Thanks for your feedback!  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka