Re: [PyrNet-L] size

Regarding health problems in the larger Pyrs.  My experience has been
that we haven't had any more health problems than the other breeders.
(knock on wood!)  However, we have x-rayed since our first Pyr.  We have
many litters x-rayed clear.  We just saw our first sizure about 2 years
ago.  We have lost 4 to cancer in the past 6 years.  We haven't had
osteo or paneo and this can be proved by people who have seen our
puppies at fun matches. We have had eyes checked and been asked by the
vet "Why are you checking the Pyr?" But, I was "out of the loop" and
when people were breeding to each other's Pyrs, I couldn't afford to
ship my bitches.  So, when I went out to a stud, it was because I had
done my homework and I liked the offspring he produced.  Yes, I know the
ton of bricks is going to hit me, but I am not a big breeder and have
had 22 litters in 33 years. So, I feel my time is probably coming to
have soundness problems. . .