Re: [PyrNet-L] size

I've only been breeding Pyrs for 33 years.  I tend to have the larger,
balanced Pyrs.  Jaime (Can/Am Ch. Marwell's Bousy Rouge Rogue) weighes
142 pounds and is 30 l/2 inches.  I'm not going to say I breed only for
size.  I breed for the total dog.  Jaime's sire, (Ch. Marwell's Idyll
Rumor) is 29 inches and weighes about 129 pounds.  His dam, (Ch. Bousy
Rouge Bayou Belle) easily weighes 135 pounds.  I'm not sure how tall she
is.  However, size is just part of the total dog.  My Pyrs are very
balanced and move very well.  When I started, I got my first dogs from a
breeding pair Judy Cooper sent to Alaska.  I bred back to Soleil
Kennels, the Magoffins in Kansas, because I liked the size and
disposition of their Pyrs.  The rest is history.  Jaime is not the
largest Pyr I've bred.  We've x-rayed our Pyrs and our first Pyr bitch
was #13 OFA.  I've seen the Pyrs in France, England, and Australia and
felt my Pyrs would do equally as well in each country.  I saw Pyrs that
looked like my Pyrs in each Country. I have lived in Alaska since 1963,
so had to go "out" to keep my breeding program going.