Re: [PyrNet-L] size

I can't speak for breeders in other countries, but I was told that
they were bred down in size by breeders here in the USA. I have never
been to France to see their Pyrs, I can only recount others opinions
who have been there. According to what I have been told, Pyrs in
France are not very sound in the rear. From what I understand this is
changing as more breeders x-ray hips. I'm sure that there are breeders
in France that have always been concerned about soundness and have
bred for it. I think what I was told about soundness was a general
statement on the soundness quality as a whole over there. Don't know
if the statements are true or not as I have not seen the dogs myself
to make any kind of judgment on soundness. I can, however, tell you
I've heard this from several people. As far as the other countries go,
and as far as France goes, it would mainly be up to the breeders in
those countries to give you an accurate answer of whether or not
soundness is a big problem over there. Any takers?

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com