Re: [PyrNet-L] size

> Not necessarily Ruth. It seems you have been concerned about soundness
> from the start and this may very well prove to be the reason you don't
> have a problem now. That and doing your homework on the stud dogs you
> use. I have talked to many "new" breeders who want to breed to the dog
> that is winning the most in the ring. This may or may not be what is
> best for them and their bitch. Some are surprised when I talk about
> some of the health problems within the breed as a whole. I generally
> give advice on testing for problems I.E. OFA hips, check thyroid etc.
> Many had no idea these things should be done. Lastly I suggest they
> consult with their breeder to find out what problems are behind their
> bloodline and try to make sure that they are not breeding to a dog
> that could make those problems worse. Every bloodline has it's
> problems, it's knowing them and breeding away from them that makes a
> good breeder.

I had been keeping quiet on this, but, I think it's time I opened my
mouth.  First I got to say, not al "New" breeders are  as described,
there are many that are more concerned with soundness then show ability.
There are some out there that were steered in the wrong direction by
their breeder and accepted their word without checking further and have
been told that the only good stud dog is in the top 10. it is wonderful
to check with one's breeder, but, what I'm trying to say here, is check
the info they give and until you can be sure it's reliable - keep
checking it. there is no good way to go about this but - I checked with
other people with similar bloodlines that got theirs from different
breeders.

Lisa

Lisa