Re: [PyrNet-L] Rescue Transport Urgently Needed

PyrMom@aol.com wrote:

> A Sheltie friend received this message and forwarded it to me.  I do not
> recall seeing anything on the list about this poor boy.  Perhaps we could
> take a brief "time out" from the size and ethics discussion to find this boy
> a ride to his new home.
>
> Stephanie and Paddy
> pyrmom@aol.com
>
> <<From: pyrangel@webtv.net (Joan Fremo)
> >
> >Okay, yes we are FL---but do you have friends or family in MO, know
> >anyone who can help?
> >This is urgent! Please cross post widely!!!
> >
> >Do any of you remember Gordon?  Gordon and his sister are Great
> >Pyrenees.  Two months ago, They were picked up as strays, and were put
> >in a shelter near KC. I notified everyone I could think of, but these
> >two remained in a shelter.  The female was finally placed, but the boy
> >was left--alone.  He no longer had the company of his littermate, his
> >daily companion of approx.4 years, and no one wanted him.  Again, I
> >notified everyone I thought would help him.  Gordon growing more
> >depressed each day, abandoned and alone for a long month.
> >
> >Well, Gordon got help.  A fellow rescuer, Kate, kept her eye on him,
> >pulled him as soon as the shelter decided to release him to rescue, and
> >saw that he was sent safely on his way.  But this is where the plan
> >stalls!!!
> >
> >Gordon is now in Springfield MO. He is safe---but I have a home for
> >Gordon in FL. He would again have a female for a companion, becoming the
> >older brother to another rescued Pyr. A loving family waits here for
> >him.  Please help! If He can just get from Springfield MO to Knoxville
> >TN, by noon on Thursday, he will be transported right to my door in FL.
> >
> >Yes, there are two puppies, and it would be great if they could
> >accompany him--- but Gordon has suffered for so long---please, won't
> >someone help him?  Maybe Gordon and one pup, Gordon by himself?  Please
> >help!
> >Joan
> >
> >Joan Fremo
> >Coordinator
> >Pyrangel Rescue Network
> >Pyrangel@webtv.net
> >
> >Pyrangel Rescue Network, dedicated to the care and placement of
> >abandoned and abused Great Pyrenees.

>         unsubscribe pyrnet-l

Stephanie -

Stay clear of Joan Fremo. She has been causing the GPCA a lot of
trouble. I think that this is the case where she told the KC shelter
that someome from FL rescue was coming to pick up a dog, and then noone
showed up. GPCA Rescue already had someone on the way, but, based on
Fremo's message, the shelter didn't want to turn over the dog to the
GPCA rep. The shelter is less than pleased, but it turns out that Fremo
has done this several times. She seems to feel that she is in charge of
rescue all over the US.

Jack