Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Pyreness

Crate training is a great idea--we wouldn't do it any other way. Make
entering the crate a pleasurable experience...give treats if necessary,
and have him just go in for short times at first, particularly if he shows
any resistance. We used one for Paddington (we got him as an 8-week-old
puppy) until he was about 6 months old, although he was house-trained
within a week. After the first month or so, he only slept in it at night,
and when we had to be gone. We used one for Ivy Rose for a month or so,
again just at night and when we couldn't watch her, but although she was 6
and had never been an indoor dog, she learned to scratch at the door to go
out by the end of the first full day she was with us. They're very smart
and learn fast. The main thing is to anticipate their needs--take him out
as soon as he wakes up, right after he eats and/or drinks, etc. Then
really praise him when he does what you expect.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose