Re: [PyrNet-L] Question:

> Tony Leopold wrote:
>
> I have a question I hope some of you can give me some insight on:
>
> I'm considering having Kane (my rescue dog) trained/taken to obedience
> classes. Has anyone here done that with their Pyre and if so, how did
> it work out?

hey Ernie's mom! You could answer this better than I. But, I'm going to
give it a go. I don't believe in sending a breed such as a Pyr to be
trained by someone else. There are some breeds that works with but I
really don't believe a Pyr could. Find an obedience class, with a good
teacher and you work with him. Doing it this way is more work yes, but,
you will also be assured your dog has not been Alpha rolled and will
listen to you. My oldest has her obedience title but, if anyone but my
immediate family tried to put her thru the exercises, she wouldn't do
them - we have tried that. I also venture to say that Ernie the great
would not work for me either(I only briefly met him  a while ago)

Lisa