Re: [PyrNet-L] Dog Fancy Advice

I was the GPCA Secretary and Breed Info person the first time Dog Fancy
featured the Great Pyrenees.  The number of requests from people wanting
puppies tripled and continued to come in for the next 4 years. The GPCA
sends out a letter with a list of all the regional club contact people,
a number of pamphlets about the breed, i.e."Is This the Breed for You"
and the GPCA Code of Ethics, and a list of GPCA members who have signed
up to be on the "breeders list". Probably the most important thing was
telling people why they might not want a Pyr (they roam, they bark, they
shed and they are big). I would have loved to write a book about some of
the funny things people said in those many phone conversations (at one
point I was getting up to 20 calls per day). One man told me his dog was
63 inches tall.
Charlotte