Re: [PyrNet-L] Need advice:

In a message dated 6/22/99 12:52:26 PM EST, tleopold2@plantnet.com writes:

<< We put him in his crate at night and he cries and barks for 1/2 hour, then
stops. Then 1 hour later he starts again....I think....hmmm.....wonder if he
needs to go outside? But I don't want to go look at him b/c then he'll think
he can cry and bark, then I'll come everytime. >>
OK, Tony, let's try this again - my lap top has a mind of it's own sometimes!

As I was asking, Zoe tried this initially, and by making sure we take her out
just before crating her, and making sure that she does go to the bathroom,
she is satisfied all night.  If we hear her during the night, it's usually
for a real reason.

Regarding whether he's barking and crying just to get your attention, try
putting him in the crate at other times, and leaving him there for a bit.
All of our guys get use to the idea that when they're in the crate, they can
just "hang out".  Kane may not have gotten this idea yet, and being that he's
in a new environment, with all types of changes going on in his life, he may
think he is being abandoned again.  (Don't you love how we analyise our
pets???)  Anyway, I say, just give it time.  It's a pain when they make a
mess, cause it's us that have to clean it up.  But it's easier to clean up in
the crate than from you're living room carpet.

Just keep the "faith" - Robyn, with Baron, who taught Tanuki he better go on
the paper!, Kes, and Zoe.