[PyrNet-L] dewclaws

Yes Joe have read several articles indicating the racial purity of the Breed
and when asked why Pyrs have them, this then is the answer I give.
Outcrossing has produced the missing dewclaws and a very close linebreeding
produced 11 pups with a complete set each so hence my confusion!! Not a
great problem and certainly does not affect the Pyr in any way but find it
quite funny on whelping a litter to check for double dewclaws first before
seeing if it's a boy or girl! If others' here confess one day then I may
have a chance of tracing it back for my own interest. Recall long time ago a
litter of pups with single dewclaws and on commenting (very ignorant then)
was told that they would "grow".Pups were 4 weeks!
Jan
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
visit PMDC Site at http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/