Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Leaving your dog outside...

     A few weeks ago, I had a young boy lurking outside my fence, someone who I
had not seen around before.  I live on a street with only 3 houses, and there are
very few 10-12 yos who live nearby, and this was not one of them.  I went out and
asked him if he had a problem, as he was just hanging around the street.  He
claimed his friend had lost a white dog, and he was sure our Molly was his
friends dog.  I told him I did not think so,  explained to him that he should be
careful when approaching strange guardian dogs and then asked him to step closer
to the fence, a distance at which both MOlly, 4 yo pyr, and Bosco, 14 mo larger
and larger than Molly Newfie/Shep, would go into their guardian mode and head for
the fence.  Well with close to 200 lbs of dogs coming to the fence in their
protective guardian bark modes, this kid took off running and I have not seen him
since.
      I have a neighbor who chronically complains about barking at times, and all
I tell him is isn't it interesting that so many homes on streets on either side
of our street are broken into, and yet ours that are somewhat concealed, have not
been.  Could it be that the dog barking is just the dogs doing their jobs.
      By the way before I get flamed, both the dogs are very socialized and know
their commands bilingually, and off site if anyone approaches they are over on
their backs looking for belly rub.
Nancy
Molly, almost 5 yo pyr, just doing what comes natural
Bosco, 14 mo Newfie/shep, learning the ropes