Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding

Dancingpyr@aol.com wrote:

> << the National breed Club >>
>
> With the GPC, this is easier said than done!  First of all, you have to know
> two individuals (not from the same household) for at least a year, who are in
> turn members of the GPC for at least 3 years.  While I applaude trying to
> establish "serious" members to the organisation, this also prohibits new pyr
> owners from joining, and generally fosters the view that the GPC is something
> of a "closed society".  Members complain about backyard breeders, rescues,
> poor genetics, etc, etc, but by keeping the organisation so restricted, it's
> hard to influence the people that Really need influencing and guidance.  We
> have joined the SE club, and are looking forward at participating in it.
>
> Just my shilling's worth...Robyn

>         unsubscribe pyrnet-l

I agree.  I thought the membership requirements for the club seemed a little
much.  I also checked into it and decided on our local club which is now applying
for GPCA affiliation.  I understand the need to be cautious, but in my opinion,
this just turns away many potentially great members (like me!).

Kris