Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding

>It is not that I want to breed, because I don't. It's just that it
makes me
>feel closed off from an organization that could be of help to me in
making
>my Montana's life the best I can for him. The national, and even
regional
>organizations don't seem to want those of us who are not "breeders",
those
>of us who could use their expertise and knowledge of the breed, it's
needs,
>and it's behaviors. Until I found this list I felt totally isolated
from the
>rest of Pyrdom.

It really is not fair to brand all the pyr clubs this way.  The GPC of
Puget
Sound (NW) is a very open club which has many pet owners along with
LGD and show people.  A person can join at any time if they agree to
abide by the Code of Ethics.
The GPCA had to tighten the rules when
unscrupulous people were using their membership as an endorsement
for selling puppies and not following the Code of Ethics.  I joined 17
years ago and at that time had to have
two members sign for me.  There are several members of the GPCA
that have belonged longer than I have on this list.
Please people, do a search on the internet for the regional GP group
closest to you and inquire.  All groups need people who love the
breed.
It does not matter whether you ever step foot in a show ring or not.
Kerry
Eburg, WA