Re: [PyrNet-L] Breeding

In a message dated 7/3/99 1:50:53 PM EST, janices@jump.net writes:

<< Personally, I would like to see more of the pet
 and therapy people join the clubs and get involved and make it a
 better club but then that's jmo.  >>

I'd like to see this too!  The idea of joining a club should appeal to most
serious people - whether you're serious about breeding, showing, obedience,
therapy, or just being a responsible pet owner.  Several years ago, I was on
another email list, where one woman wrote to me saying that because I "didn't
breed our pyrs, how could we say we knew anything about them".  I was shocked
at this comment - certainly there's more to owning and working with pyrs than
breeding them!  Besides, this woman knew our pyrs were all only about a year
old......but thinking back, this wouldn't have stopped her from breeding hers.

Regards, Robyn