Re: [PyrNet-L] Obedience school?

I know that I'm late with this but just wanted to add that this is essentially
the same advice given by our trainer on teaching them not to jump up on you
(i.e. turn away and not participate in the "game.")  She is a great believer in
using your body language to communicate with them.  Being stiff makes you seem
more in charge and turning away tells them you don't want them to do it.  On the
other hand, pushing, leaning down, etc. will seem like you are playing and they
will see it as a game.

The method worked wonders with our Irish Wolfhound.  Anais is a bit more
determined, but also rarely jumps up on me anymore.

Stephanie