Re: [PyrNet-L] luxating patella

Our Newfie had luxating patellas in both legs.  It was obvious the day
we brought her home.  The vet didn't want to operate until 6 months to 1
year but had to because of the severity of her condition.  She had no
trouble getting around after the surgery, but pins remained in her legs
and we always had to be aware of keeping her out of the cold and damp
and she suffered and limped in bad weather.  That was more than 10 years
ago so maybe methods have improved.  I believe that there is a scale of
severity from 1 to 5 and only 3 and up (or down?) require surgery.  Did
they say what level of severity your puppy has?

Stephanie & Anais