Re: [PyrNet-L] Bitiing

Merrille, we had exactly the same thing with Paddington, and all I can do
is echo Charlotte's advice to keep at it!
One thing our trainer suggested was to really work at the down/stay, doing
at least one every day, beginning with just a minute or two then working
up to 30 minutes a day. Start by sitting close to the puppy, with some
contact (not petting, but maybe a hand gently on him), then gradually
reduce contact and increase the space between you as well as the length of
time. Our boy was the dominant puppy in his litter, and the biting was his
puppy way of testing out who was alpha. The down/stays have been very
effective for us, and we still use them, especially when he does something
we want to stop such as excessive barking. Good luck--with enough
perseverance you can overcome this and have a wonderful companion.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose