[PyrNet-L] deafness testing, not a Pyr

Can someone help please? 8 month old Chow puppy and the Breeder/owner is
just noticing now his lack of response and his hyper behaviour to certain
situations especially when he's out of the line of vision. She's going to
try the loud noises etc but I said I would ask here if anyone has
experienced deafness and how? Ears are healthy and she is going to visit her
Vet. He's always been Mr Busy and on the go. Lives with 10 other Chows,
Samoyed and a Newf and is an outgoing little guy. I know that around this
age Chows can be "a bit funny" but he's not been uptil yesterday when he was
approached in the show ring by 2 Judges who did everything correctly when
approaching a Chow,(never from behind because they have peripheral vision).
Any thoughts would be most welcome and I will print off and give to her.
Thanks
Jan Chaplin Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans. Visit my sites at
http://homepages.msn.com/PetsPl/pyreneanmountaindog/ and
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/1920/ and the site of the PMDC at
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6339/