Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Questions on Spaying

Ok - I'll try to finish it this time with out the silly computer sending the
message early errrrrrr.
Back to the question of spaying -

4)  As with any major surgery, there can be complications.  To avoid this -
make sure your vet is fully aware of the odities of pyrs.  My vet mentioned
that the anesthesia should be given, not by the weight of the animal, but by
how much is actually needed to put the animal under.  My Mother has had 2
spayed females, and both came through the operations with flying colours.
Her current pyr will be 10 in October - so I guess that says something there.

5)  Regarding aggressive behaviour in the female after spaying, I do not know
of any instance of this personally.  Both of my Mother's pyrs were anything
but aggressive before or after the op.

Hope this, and the previous e-mail that was sent pre-maturely helps.  As for
when to spay - I personally like to wait until closer to a year to do it.
But - other people may have more input on that.

Good luck, Robyn