Re: [PyrNet-L] wondering

Most of my young life was spent with collies and Poodles ( All three
sizes ). and I still consider them to be one of the most intelligent ( in
an all round way ) of all breeds.  They work to please people, they enjoy
problem solving on their own, and all of ours loved the water, and the
large standard
( Mac Duff was 26" and 68 lbs ) was a beautiful water retriever, and
could hold his own on a "point", without ever being taken out and used
for hunting.  So their inherited water retreaving was still in tact.
This in spite of popularity of the breed due to human greed and idiocy!

Our Miniature hated to be groomed, and when he was he would spend several
weeks mostly hiding behind the couch, unless really coaxed to come out.
On his own he would walk to the door mirror, look at himself in the
mirror, stare for awhile, put his head down and walk behind the couch.
Remember, we humans deem knowledge of ones "self" as a requirement for
sentiency!  In time, when he reached what appeared to be a degree of
normalcy
( in his eyes ) he would return to his normal happy exuberant self.  I
fully agree with Poodles being considered intelligent.  But I understand
intelligence comes in many forms, and so I respect all our canine
friends, although I may not be as partial to some breeds as others.
Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas