Re: [PyrNet-L] Lexi,Breed, showing & me

I was told that a
>vet will normally wait, but that shelters all over the country have been
doing
>very early S/N for over a decade with no reported problems and that the
risk is
>no higher than surgery at the normally recommended age.

Actually over two decades, Kris!  Right here in the valley I live in.
Judith - for an excellent article written by a vet who has performed early
s/n's (8-10 week) on over 50 pyrs alone, go to:

http://www.members.xoom.com/Scottc/earlys&n.htm

If you have your pups early spayed/neutered prior to leaving your home, you
don't have to worry about their producing puppies down the road that are not
well placed or cared for, and the owners of your puppies don't have to worry
about care of their pyr after surgery!  Early s/n is so much easier on the
pup, too, they get up from their anesthesia and don't even know that
anything happened.  It's really amazing.  I wish you the best of luck,
Judith.
Be sure and obtain a vet who is aware of the risks and extra precautions and
is experienced in the early s/n.

Patti Brunkala
Southern Oregon
menditar@grrtech.com