Re: [PyrNet-L] Doggie on the couch

Hello everyone,
First of all let me introduce myself this is my first time posting, my name
is Donna Eshleman I live in Bethlehem PA. I live with one very wonderful
husband two human kids and 10 furkids. In my furkids is a 10yr. old female
Pyr. I do OB training and have been for 22yrs. I wanted a Pyr for a long
time and was waiting for one with a wonderful breeder here in PA I also do
all breed rescue and my luck turned and I got a call from a man with a Pyr
he could no longer keep, you'll love this excuse his new wife who loved the
dog through dating time then when he married her the dog had to go to much
slime and hair is what she told me. So into my life walked Tana a 1yr she
was not trained or housebroken (I was told she was), she has been a great
addition to our family, unfortunatly she had breast cancer and we had to do
the surgery plus kemo then I was told 2yrs. life expectancy tops well that
was 4yrs ago!!! She has earned a CD not easily I might add, then after that
she got sick so I retired her.
Wow am I off subject her sorry, I just wanted to respond to Tony the way I
kept my big dogs of the furniture, the easiest was is simply lift the
cushions in an upright position don't remove them. But what I do with mine
is lay newspaper on the cushion with a snappy trainer under it so when they
climb up the trainer goes off and the paper makes a noise, I believe in
making the dogs think the sofa bit them rather than I corrected them. If you
correct them they just woln't do it while your there, if you bait them they
will think the sofa or whatever it is did it to them. Sorry this got so
long, hope this helps Tony Good Luck.
Donna Eshleman
Lakeside K-9 Services
JD, Tana, Zildjian, Buddy, Katie, Iggy, Scooter, Alyssa, Gracie, & Allie.
  donna_eshleman@hotmail.com