[PyrNet-L] Broccoli floats

We have no trouble feeding chopped, microwaved (4 minutes) broccoli several
times a week, although we usually use kale or collard greens because they are
supposed to be more nutritious...  Each dog gets about 1 cup a day total and I
put a tablespoon of olive oil on the microwaved veggies and stir them up
before mixing them with the rest of the food (rice, sweet potatoes and
meat/sardines).  I've heard that dogs are very susceptible to salt and wonder
if Dan is boiling the fresh broccoli in salt water if that might not be the
problem.  Our Travis throws up whenever someone (not me!!!) feeds him
pretzels.  I also wonder if raw is really always better than cooked.  Either
"Science' or "Nature" recently had an article on the development of humans,
connecting it with the use of fire to cook tubers such as sweet potatos.
Uncooked, apparently, they are not easily digestible, and the nutrition is
much more easily available if they are cooked.  I can look this citation up if
anyone is actually interested (don't all speak at once...).  I've also heard
that if you wash the eggshells of eggs in soapy water before cooking them, you
can eliminate most disease problems they picked up 'exiting' from the hen,
although I know there are some strains that are indeed carried in the yolk
that need to be cooked to oblivion.