[PyrNet-L] Re: Flowerpot Men?

From: ARIEGE@xtra.co.nz

>Dare I ask Mike if Bill and Ben are related to the Flowerpot Men??

They are.

We got our "Flowerpot Men" from a man who is in the navy and was in the
middle of a divorce.  He gave the dogs to his wife, who grew up in London,
for a  suprise wedding present.  He also said that she named them "after
some show that was on when she was a girl".  Six months later, she didn't
like them OR him anymore.

We did not know anything else about their names until a woman asked us about
the dogs at an off-leash park.  She said " Oh, the first owner must have
been British..." and walked away.  I was more puzzled than ever and hit the
internet trying to figure out the mystery.

I was almost satisfied that the dogs were named after Bill and Ben the twin
train engines from "Thomas the Tank Engine" but I finally hit a site that
told about "Bill and Ben the Flowerpot Men".  We have only seen a quick clip
of The Flowerpot Men off of the site, but I am sure that is where the name
came from.

We thought about changing their names, but eventually decided that Ben is
just... BEN and Bill is a goofy dork who would be happy if his name was
Butthead, just as long as you call him for dinner.

Mike Sanders
Austin, Texas
mws001@gte.net
http://home1.gte.net/mws001/boyspage/boyspage.htm