Re: [PyrNet-L] Another Newbie!

----- Original Message -----
From: Smith, Deborah <dsmith@iolinc.net>
>     Welcome Tanya and Angle!
>     I would suggest putting her with the flock and watching her closely
for
> awhile and then taking her out and doing this several times a day.  If she
> even starts to play (or anything) with them, scold her and give her a
gentle
> but firm shake by the scruff.  Once she is used to leaving them to do
their
> own thing and just being there with them, she should be OK to leave with
> them.  Are you wanting her as a full time Livestock Guarding Dog or an
> LGD/House Pet :)?  Make sure you give her a couple of chew toys and that
> both she and the livestock have plenty of their own food and water, each.

Thanks Deborah, that is pretty much what I'm doing with her right now...she
looks at them for a few minutes, and then pretty much ignores them and does
her own thing.  She's a house pet/LGD/family dog.  Kind of all in one.  She
sleeps outside at night, and plays out there during the day, in between
getting brushed/spoiled/and climbed on by the kids.  She got her first bath
yesterday, and was a very well behaved little (?) girl.

Tanya