[PyrNet-L] Rescue

Hi Everyone!

I know I am new to the list and doing an awful lot of posting. So I will post
this and then try to shut up for at least an hour or so. Anyway I never really
understood how much is involved with rescue.

People who get rescues generally only get to see the finished product. After
pick up (wether it is 5 miles or 150 miles or more), trips to the vet,
heartworm treatment(many times needed), nursing back to health, trying to get
some basic obedience, and much much more not to mention the hours that go into
helping a rescue. This all adds up to money.

I was able to avoid any middle person and got to Zeke directly. No adoption
fee or anything. I think when it is all said and done I will have spent much
more than any adoption costs.. That tells me that most rescues are more than
likley working at a negative to help DOGS.

I wanted to take this moment to tell everyone on this list that when you get a
chance to send 2 or 5 or 10 dollars to a rescue group. (preferably a Pyr
group) I know that I blow more than 15 dollars a week on stuff. Hey why not
send 15 a month to rescue.

You do not even have to offer money. Offer time. I get 2 days off a week. It
would not bother me a bit to take a road trip to help get a Pyr to his new
home. Anyway sorry for rambling....

Robb