Re: [PyrNet-L] Zeke Update

Robb, The reason Zeke didn't want to let "go" of his dirt, (probably)
is because it helps with the fleas. Sort of like diatomaceous(sp?)
earth. The few times my dogs have had fleas I've noticed that they
would go out and roll in the dirt. Evidently it helps to protect the
skin and helps to kill the fleas. I'm glad that Zeke took his grooming
in stride! What a wonderful boy you have! I've let Bo read the post
but he is unimpressed. <sigh> I thought it might help him see that
nail trimming is "no big deal"! He just snorted and walked away
muttering something about "Pyrs like Zeke ruining it for everybody
else"! <vbg> My personal opinion on the double dews is that they make
sort of a "snow shoe" effect for those heavy mountain snows. Pyr dews
are different from other breeds that have doubles in that they are
actually connected by a small bone not just a piece of skin. (or so
I've been told) No one really knows why they are there. On occasion
I've had people laugh at the double dews and my answer to them is that
they're just jealous because God made Pyrs special! Usually stops them
in their tracks. I've even seen a Pyr with doubles on the front as
well as the rear legs! Is Guilty neutered or intact? When Zeke is
neutered it will probably help with the two of them getting along. I'm
a proponent of letting the dogs work it out for themselves, but not
when both males are intact. That can end up being a bloodbath or
worse. I ruined the relationship between two of my bitches by
interfering and misreading the situation. Had to forever keep them
separate except when they were in season. That was the only time they
would get along. When does Zeke go to the Vet? Make sure they give you
something to worm him for tape worms. With all those fleas he's bound
to have them!

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com