[PyrNet-L] CHAT: The Great Snow Hunt :-)

Well, after weeks of planning, today was the day of 'the Great Snow Hunt'
LOL!  A friend and I decided weeks ago that we would like to take our dogs
'up to the snow' to play.  Now this may not be too exciting for some of you
who see snow regularly, but here in Australia, about the only place you can
see it properly is in the 'high country' of the Snowy Mountains.  We do get
snow around Canberra occasionally, but it rarely stays on the ground for any
length of time.

So, today we were two people, two Pyrs, two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and a
Dalmatian in a medium sized stationwagon of on a trip in search of some
white stuff! :-)

Well, off we drove up into the mountains.  Of course it would pick today to
be raining :-/.  It did start to clear a bit though as we got higher and by
the end it was snowing so we were happy.  We were worried that we had left
it too late in the season and wouldn't be able to find anywhere we could go
without going up higher into the National Park (where all the ski fields
are).  Well, by about 1200 meters above sealevel (and 2 hours driving) we
started to see a bit of the white stuff.  Boy the excitement! LOL!  And by
1300 meters we had found a roadside 'park' with a little hut where we could
pull over where there was enough snow on the ground to have a little fun (1
or 2 inches).

Well , what a great time we had! 10 month old Milou (Pyr), ran around with a
totally amazed look on her face, Halley (Pyr) was in seventh heaven and
spent her time rolling around and rubbing her face up and down in the snow,
Toomba and Loya the RR's went crazy racing around and catching snowballs and
Cookie the Dally, well, she walked around with a totally disgusted look on
her face and got back in the car as quick as she could!! LOL!

Needless to say we took LOTS of photos :-).  I can't wait to get them
processed!!

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia
espinay@dynamite.com.au