[PyrNet-L] We are back!

Hello all! Some of you may remember us. We subscribed a few months ago,
and then got off for awhile. We have looked all summer at the decision
of puppy or rescue. We finally decided to do one of each. There is a
great guy here in the Bitterroot Valley of Montana. He occaisionally
breeds his Pyrs, but is really in more having the dogs than making money
off of them. It has been great to be around him and his wonderful Pyrs.
They have taught us a lot over the summer, and I am sure we have still
plenty more to learn about these wonderful dogs.

We have spent a lot more time there the last couple of months because we
are possibly taking one of his females. Her name is Mariah. She has won
our hearts, and seems particularly fond of our baby (1 year old). He
reciprocates the affection without any bribery. It has been fascinating
to us to watch this bonding, mainly because this child of ours has never
been real fond of dogs. He has mainly been around more hyper smaller
dogs of friends. I truly believe that it can be attributed to the Pyr's
amazing calmness and gentleness around children. This whole setup has
been kind of a trial to see where it might go. Lee is very fond of his
dogs, and doesn't want one of them in the wrong situation, and I respect
him very much for this level of caring he shows his animals. But lately,
it looks as though Mariah has accepted us, and Lee has accepted Mariah's
acceptance. We will still keep it as is for a little while longer. It
has been a great way to ease into a BIG dog! We are anticipating puppies
around the beginning of the year. We will get one or two of them to be
raised around the adult (she is three and just starting to show more and
more responsibility desires.

Well, I guess this is a long enough reintroduction. It is "great" to be
be back. We look forward to many years as Pyr lovers!

The Van Wey's