RE: [PyrNet-L] Zeke's visit to the vet....

On 9 Sep 99, at 16:37, Marci Gruhlkey wrote:

>  A recipe for silk balls has been posted in the past month or
> so, it's a wondrous treat, to help a dog gain, especially picky eaters.
> Will someone please post it again for Zeke??! It sounds like he needs silk
> balls. <VBG> 68 lbs. is way too skinny!

The best news is heartworm neg..that really is a miracle, especially
in hot, humid FL.  Below is the recipe for the Satin Balls, which
they really do love.

"10 lbs Hamburger
20 egg yolks
20 envelopes Knox Gelatin
2 cups molasses
2 boxes Total cereal (or substitute a rice cereal)
2 boxes Wheat Germ (12-16 oz)
2 cups peanut oil1/4 cup salt

Mix all together, form into meatballs and freeze.  (you can bake
before freezing if you choose, but it's not necessary).  They
defrost quickly in the microwave, or you can feed them frozen if
you dog likes frozen treats -- Leonbergers are fond of frozenthings.

NOTE:  this recipe size is for a giant breed -- you can half the
entire recipe and still have a lot of meatballs.  I freeze mine
in a tupperware-type container."

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico