[PyrNet-L] Re:????lesion

Yesterday, as I was brushing Molly I came across a 2" diameter  and about 1"
deep bump on the back of Molly's head.  By this morning, it had a small bit
of serous (blood colored clear liquid)  oozing from it, but nothing
infected looking.  Took her to the vet this afternoon, shaved down the area,
and she tried to needle aspirate it, but to no avail.  Gave her a couple
shots of antibiotics and she is going back in the morning when they will
open it up under anesthesia and see what could be causing it.  She did feel
a bit warm too touch but temp was only 102.
      We just came back from cape cod , and thinking later on ,it could be
one of two things--- there are a load of wood ticks there and possiibly  one
burrowed in unchecked,  or it is a reaction to a spider bite,, of which
there were also plenty.
       At the moment she is not a happy camper---- food and water are put
away,  and there is someone's loose unneutered male boxer outside, and she
is just coming out of heat.  I do have a call into the owners but no return
call as  of yet.  In the meantime, he is somewhat peacefully sharing the
deck with Bosco the Newfie/shep who is neutered and has no clue why this
boxer is trying to occassionally mount him.
Nancy
where the 3 ring circus never stops