[PyrNet-L] Goodbye to an Old Friend.

Yesterday I said goodbye to an old friend.

   Multi BIS Ch. Australian, English and U.S. Ch. Pyrgold the Legend with
Cornash - Leo - to those who knew and loved him, peacefully slipped into
his final sleep, at the gentle hands of our vet, at home - and on the high
point on our land where he spent many happy hours surveying his domain -
and guarding us from everything from the many coyotes to the eagles and
hawks which soar overhead.

   Leo came to live in Canada a short three years ago, ostensibly to
retire, but within 18 months he had become a Canadian and U.S. Champion -
and the number one Pyrenean in Canada. He was all heart - and loved to show
- and revelled in the excitement of travelling.

   Notwithstanding his achievements in the ring, Leo was the sweetest and
most sensitive of dogs, who settled in with our pyrenean family as though
he had been here all of his life. Thankfully, his illness was brief - and
as only to be expected from such a great dog, he endured his decline with
his usual dignity and grace. Three years with Leo was not nearly long
enough. He will be sorely missed.

               Goodbye old friend,

                              Geraldine.

Geraldine Swierzy,