Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Barking Pyrs.

In a message dated 9/15/99 11:49:40 PM EST, innerpuppie@30below.com writes:

<< I used to be irritated by barking dogs, especially the small
 ones, but Willow's bark is so mellow, so melodic that sometimes I let her
just
 go on and on so I can enjoy the sound...then I come to my senses and realize
 that my neighbors probably aren't smiling like I am...then it's into the
house
 to get a treat and take a break from her duties!

I can relate to this.  Our Kes is the "bark-o-matic".  When she's in the
house, she lays at the front living room window, her head on the ledge of the
floor-to-ceiling windows.  When outside, she lays by the fence to the south
side of the house.  From this vantage point, she can watch the road and the
neighbors to our south.  I wouldn't call her bark "melodic", but it sure
beats the yappy bark of the dog one of our neighbors have.  At night, Kes is
generally the main one that barks.  Last week she was having a field day -
barking for what seemed "hours" two nights in a row.  Succesful at getting
Tanuki, Maggie (our border collie) and our neighbor's three dogs all barking.
 Just glad we live in the country!

Robyn - in Upstate South Carolina, where we didn't even get a drop of rain
from Floyd, but have had some gusty winds.