Re: [PyrNet-L] Help: Mounting

Merrilie, With all due respect, and I sure don't want to have you really
upset with me, but as far as using your Dal. for a stud, have you given
any thought as to the number of Dalmatians that are put down each year?
They are way to popular after the movies, and they are not always the
easiest dog for the average person to deal with.  They probably have one
of the highest rates of being turned into the pounds, and being put to
death.  The poor rescue groups are deluged with them.  Have you checked
with Dal. rescue in your area to get their opinion on this breeding?  Two
million animals are killed every year in this country...please think
before breeding!

Secondly, making a dog a stud can and does often change their
personalities as far as pets and behaviors as a family member.  Do you
really want this to happen?

Last, males will go nuts and drive you crazy when females are in heat.
It is no fun.  I have had Mastiff size heavy crates decimated like
cardboard, windows broken, a floor torn up, and a door demolished.
Fortunately I never had un-planned breeding.  This is not a pleasant time
and it is stressful for all, I would not enter in to or start this
without thought.  One of the reason I spayed and neutered all four of my
Pyrs. was I did not want to do this again, and I have a hard time dealing
with the statistics of two million deaths.  Please think again, it is not
worth it!  J.M.O.  Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas