Re: [PyrNet-L] feeding

On 27 Sep 99, at 23:38, Pacerized@aol.com wrote:

>  I have a 9 month old pyr that is not eating well. My vet has found
>    nothing
> wrong with her to cause this, any suggestions as to what type of dog food
> your pyrs eat best, or any success anyone has had with a similar would be
> greatly appreciated.

It's not unusual for pyrs to decide they don't like a food.  Since
your pup is 9 months old, if you have not already, switch to adult
food.  A gradual change over is best, mixing the old with the new.
Mine and all the rescues like lamb and rice dog foods and seem to do
well on it.  Add a few tasty morsals on top of the food, yogurt, some
veggies or chicken broth, even a bit of chicken.  You don't need to
add every day, but it does seem to tempt them more. When looking at
dog food, always look at how it's preserved.  Try to stay away from
BHA, BHT and Ethoxyquin.

When Mishka was about 5 months old, she quit eating her puppy food, I
switched to a lamb and rice food and ever since, she's been eating
and eating and eating......

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico