[PyrNet-L] Prednisone

Predinisone is basically a steriod.  It is used for a lot of different
things.  Generally, it works by opening things up.  For example, I was
once given the drug for vapor lock in my jaw and opened the joint up and
relieved the condition. My son takes it when he is on a nebulizer to
treat his lungs.  It opens the bronchials so the medication he breathes
in penetrates better.  I have also heard of it being used for allergy
type symptoms and even for arthritis before there were many other
options for treating arthritis.  I'm not sure why it would be prescribed
to increase a dog's appetite, but I do know it has many uses and that
some steroids can increase the appetite.

Kris