Re: [PyrNet-L] feeding

Hi,
We have had problems with e-mail lately, so am not sure whether I've missed
something.  I was really concerned to hear that your puppy has lost 10 pounds in
2 months.  What does your Vet think might be causing this weight losss?   I
would certainly want a complete health check to find the cause..  Are there any
indications of intestinal problems?  I would be concerned about long-term use of
prednisone without finding what is causing the weight loss.   Pyrs do go through
phases when they aren't growing much, the weather is hot, etc and they seem to
stop eating, but usually this does not mean that much weight
loss....particularly not in a puppy.  Almost all of our puppies seem to decide
that they don't like puppy food anymore around 3-6 months.  They start eating
more when we change to adult food.

We do have a list member who has published a cookbook for feeding the family and
dogs the same food and claims the dogs are much healthier..
Charlotte in Virginia