[PyrNet-L] Flea and tick preventives

    I've seen several mentions of new flea control
stuff, but does it work on ticks?
    We have the worst problems with ticks on our pyrs.
 I've never seen anything like it.  This summer, we
treated the house, and the yard.  Jake wore a
preventic collar, and used frontline.  We were still
pulling as many as 40 ticks a day off of him!
    We sent him to our trainers kennel.  It is more of
a dog camp, where they get to play in the yard, and
such.  She said, she couldn't believe Jake.  Her yard
was treated.  None of the other dogs were getting
ticks in that yard, but whenever she checked Jake
she'd find ticks on him.  He didn't come with ticks,
we'd just gotten them off.  He could walk through the
same yard with other dogs and only Jake would get
ticks!
   My parents had the same problem with their pyr.  Is
this something anyone else has seen?  What do you do
about it?
            Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,