[PyrNet-L] HEALTH, CHAT: Clondike, Therapy Angel

Clondike is a Great Pyrenees bitch who will be 12 years-old on Friday.
She was diagnosed with canine lymphoma in May, 1998 and has undergone
various chemotherapy protocols, currently being 22 weeks into remission
#3.

Her pet therapy team decided to make a Halloween visit to our local
nursing home.  She couldn't decide whether to go as an angel or a clown,
so she wore a halo and a clown bow tie.  Needless to say, she was a big
hit, as were her team mates.  She actually tolerated the halo and tie for
an hour and 45 minutes--a much longer visit than she has done in
many months, with or without costume.

Photos of this event can be found at:

http://www.pyrbred.org/ween99

The first photo in the sequence is one of the best we have ever taken of
her--showing the spirit under the fluffy coat.  If you compare it with
the photo I used to illustrate the article on her lymphoma treatment (see
http://www.pyrbred.org/lymphoma), it is hard to believe it is now 7 months
later--she still looks great.

Thanks to all the supportive people on the various lists who have kept
Clondike, Nancy and I in their thoughts and prayers.  It really helps!

David, Nancy and Clondike
 David Kintsfather              | PHONE:       (610) 683-4497
 Dept. of Telecommunications    | FAX:         (610) 683-4659
 Kutztown University            | INTERNET:    kintsfat@kutztown.edu
 PO Box 730                     |   "We need not think alike to love alike."
 Kutztown, PA  19530-0730       |                Francis David