[PyrNet-L] a small brag

first   HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Clondike your parents have done such a wonderful job, many more to come.
    I took 3   6 yr. old pyrs to the CGC test our club gave on Wed night. Two have come back to me due to problems in their family. They have been with children all of their lives and gone to obedience classes with their kids. I didn't think that they would have a problem. Hope was another matter, she has never had any formal training, she was my daughters but came back to us a few years ago after my daughters divorce. All three passed with no problems.!!!! Hope was taken through the corse by a lady she has only met once before and seemed to like.
    On this training issue, I wonder if age can have something to do with some of our training problems.      Our male Odin went through a he__ stage for about 3 months. He was so sweet before and then !!  We worked on sitting before going through a gate or door, lots of downs, stays, and we kept him at home to do the trainig.         After about 4 months we took him out again, he was much better, but still lunged at some other dogs. We crated his little butt right up and home he went. We just kept the training up and he was fine a few months later. I wonder if maybe a little maturing on their part is part of the answer. Keep the training up during the "stupid" stage but don't force any issues. I'm not a trainer, I think that I will try some real obedience though.     Again congratulations  Clondick
Sharon Stuck, Menan Id            I will get a picture up of Precious, Vince and Hope doing a down stay as soon as I can
http://www.srv.net/~shasta/index.htm