Re: [PyrNet-L] Barking

   The shock collar I was considering for my dog and referring to, is the
anti-barking collar, not the training collar.  With the anti-barking collar
you select one of 7 levels or correction, then the collar will correct the
dog automatically after 3 seconds of barking, similar to the sound collar
which you referred to. The collar will not go off on only one bark, only
after 3 seconds of continues barking.  This basically puts the correction
under the dogs control.  I did a little research on these, and unlike the
sound correcting collar which is sound activated, this collar is activated by
the vibration of the dogs bark, so other sounds can't make it go off. A
friend of mine said he used one of these, and his dog stopped barking within
a day, and he was able to stop using it within 2 weeks and leave it on him
without the battery.