Re: [PyrNet-L] Barking

--- clhenke@juno.com wrote:
> I've been curious through this whole discussion on
> the shock collars as
> to why it lasted so long?  If one thinks it is such
> a good deal, why did
> they need to bring it up in the first place?

  It was brought up by a lady who had mentioned using
one on this list and felt so attacked that she had to
leave the list.

    Wasn't
> like it came about
> as a general discussion on what type of collars we
> all use.

    No, orginally it was brought up as mentioned
above.  The more recent mentions have been by
individuals discussing the training they are using.

  It is almost
> like knowing there is a moral problem involved, and
> then being indignant
> if some of us disagree with the method?  Odd isn't
> it?

    Actually, what I see is people comfortable enough
with what they are doing that they aren't hiding it.
It has been mentioned a number of times, in the course
of conversation about training methods.
   I've been pretty vocal about my disagreement that
usage of the things is immoral.  This is despite the
fact that I've never used one, and am not planning on
using one in the near future.  It isn't about guilt.

             Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,