Re: [PyrNet-L] RE: Pyrenees en Guarde

Hi Lene -

> Lene Nielsen wrote:
>
> Hi Ken
>
> My dogs are behind a good fence as well, they don't get road-kills in
> the garden (lol). But they don't spend their entire life there, we go
> for walks as well. I walk all of them - 7 at the moment - in the
> morning before I go to work, and half the year it is dark at that
> time, and out in the country with no streetlamps it really is dark, so
> if there is a dead hare or something in the ditch along the road, I
> won't know til I hear the telltale crunch of one of the dogs chewing
> on a bone.

The crunch that satisfies!  We're in the country as well, but it is
rapidly becoming suburban.  The road in front of our house is attracting
more commuters all the time making even early morning weekday walks less
than pleasant.  My wife would like to walk our Pyrs (Elaine and
Alexander) around the block (4 miles), but I'm nervous about running
into other dogs.

> And in summer when the grass is high along the road, they
> also find things before I do.
> And when I think of the other things they get at: manure, horse poop,
> the cat box etc. I really don't find a dead hare or pheasant so bad.
>
> Lene

Not bad at all - maybe even necessary.  Next time my dogs get a hold on
some - I'm just going to smile and say 'Enjoy'. <g>

KenMc