[PyrNet-L] Choosing a Pyr

My parents were poor (dad-cop, mom-teacher) in the 1950's.  They could only afford a dog book.  They read the information about every breed of dog.  It was the Great Pyrenees, a dog of "immense size, great majesty, keen intelligence and kindly disposition" that they fell in love with. Dad save up and bought our first Pyr, Bess, from Dorothy Magoffin in 1960.  Our Skeel Kennel was born--and has not been without this great breed now for going on 40 years.
-Carrie Stuart Parks