Re: [PyrNet-L] Sniffing.

In a message dated 11/29/99 9:28:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
clhenke@juno.com writes:

<< Any ideas about this?  Anyone else have this experience?  Thanks for any
 info.!  Cindy. >>

    Hi Cindy, Out of the 7 Pyr's that we have only 2 do the sniffing thing.
Kim, sniffs me from head to toe when, I have petted other dogs, which I think
is pretty normal. Conner, on the other hand is the self-appointed protector
around here. He sniffs everyone, if he likes them it is a quick sniff and
then a lick and your fine. If Conner doesn't like you he sniffs you lets out
a low growl and backs up to me not letting the person anywhere near me. He
does not bite, but his nose keeps going and the rumbling growl under his
breath. I have found my Pyr's to be pretty good judges of character though so
I would be careful, about the boyfriend if I were you. Although, he would
have marked himself off my list as soon as he hit my dog, and he must have a
lot of nerve to hit a Pyr, anyway which would make me wonder. Well, I guess
we can't pick our children's boyfriends, but I would be careful that someone
who hit my dog might also hit a person. I hope I have in no way offended your
daughter, if she reads this, I just meant it as a warning. I have an adopted
child and had a lot of training dealing with abusive people, and one of the
signs are that they will start hitting animals first. My daughter is 15 now,
we had a lot of issues to get through in the 9 years that we have had her.
She is doing great now and probably my best friend. Hope this
helps...........Debbie and the Pyr gang