Re: [PyrNet-L] What made you choose a Pyr?

> I am curious as to what brought everyone to the
> breed.

   My first "pyr" was a mixed breed that wondered up
to my dad as about an 8 week old puppy.  Dad had him
for several years before even knowing what he was.
The best guess had been St. Bernard/Shepard.  At 2 or
3 years old, he was hit by a car and taken to a new
vet. The new vet saw his temperment (typically calm,
and tolerant even given the pain from a broken bone)
and appearance and said he was a pyr mix.
   Not long after I got married, my parents purchased
a pure pyr, and when my husband and I meet this dog we
were in love.  I started researching pyrs, and it
didn't take long to decide our first dog would be a
pyr.  As soon as we could get out of our apartment, we
started looking for a pyr.
   I have two now, and can't imagine having anything
else.

              Brandy

=====
"Bluebonnets" by Julia D. Booth
Offical Flower Song of the State of Texas
Chorus:
Bluebonnets, blue lovely Bluebonnets,
More beautiful than all the rest.
Texas chose you for her flower,