Re(2): [PyrNet-L] my Pyr the Doctor

clhenke@juno.com writes:
> with this gang, I have noticed that they
>pay a lot of attention to limbs that may start to tingle in a day or so,
>or legs that may spasm later.
Did anyone see the TV program, several years ago now, where they showed a
women's prison in Monroe, WA where they're having the inmates work with
dogs? Anyway, one of the women had seizures, and the dog she was partnered
with could tell when she was going to have one, and would lie with her and
assist her, make sure she didn't hurt herself etc. I've read about this
ability elsewhere, and would imagine that pyrs would be really good at
this. We knew, after the fact, that Paddington had detected Shelley's bone
cancer before we took her in to have it checked. We'd noticed her lifting
the leg slightly when she was standing, which was our clue that something
was wrong. A bit later, the two of them stopped rough-housing, Paddington
sniffed and sniffed at the leg, and didn't attempt to get her to play
again until a couple of weeks after her surgery, when she initiated a
game. I don't think we can begin to imagine all the gifts and abilities
these big white fluffies have!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose